Thursday, December 3, 2009

2009 Grammy Awards Nominations - Why bother? "..and the Grammy goes toooo--TAYLOR SWIFT!"


"Excuse me, bitches. Imma win 'em all."


Seriously. Enough. She's good, but she ain't that good. Taylor Swift does not need to win every goddamn award up for grabs this year. I swear, if I see her name anywhere near the Golden Globes and Oscars this year, I'll puke...because I think the  "academies" are trying to make up some dumbass category just for Taylor. 

AnyGay. Here is the list of the major Grammy nominees, which were announced last night.



SONG OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "Single Ladies"
Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
Maxwell - "Pretty Wings"
Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me."
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "I Am ... Sasha Fierce"
Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D."
Lady Gaga - "The Fame"
Taylor Swift - "Fearless"
Dave Matthews Band - "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King."
RECORD OF THE YEAR
Beyonce - "Halo"
Black Eyes Peas - "I Gotta Feeling"
Kings of Leon - "Use Somebody"
Lady Gaga - "Poker Face"
Taylor Swift - "You Belong With Me"
BEST NEW ARTIST
Zac Brown Band
Keri Hilson
MGMT
Silversun Pickups
The Ting Tings
BEST ROCK ALBUM
AC/DC - "Black Ice"
Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood - "Life from Madison Square Garden"
Green Day - "21st Century Breakdown"
Dave Matthews Band - "Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King"
U2 - "No Line on the Horizon."
BEST POP PERFORMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP WITH VOCALS
Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling"
Bon Jovi - "We Weren't Born to Follow"
The Fray - "Never Say Never"
Daryl Hall and John Oates' "Sara Smile" - WHAT??
MGMT - "Kids"


One more thing...add Taylor Swift's name to all of the categories she's not actually nominated in, because she'll win it anyway. Just a heads up.

3 comments:

GoalieGirl said...

OoOOoOooo - I LOVE me some Kings of Leon (shout out to Middle TN!!). :) WTF?? Hall and Oates for "Sara Smile"? Was the nomination card lost in the mail for 30 years???

GoalieGirl said...

OOoOoOOoooo - I LOVE me some Kings of Leon!! (Shout out to Middle TN!) :D WTF - Hall and Oates for "Sara Smile"? Was the nomination card lost in the mail for 30 years? ;)

GoalieGirl said...

Sorry for the double post.... :(